April 12, 2012 Comments Off on WACAP Fact Sheet
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- World Association Children and Parents (WACAP) are one of the leading nonprofit adoption and humanitarian agencies of the United States. More than 10,000 children have been placed up for adoption with adoptable parents, and is one of the largest international adoption agencies in the United States.
- We believe that all children are born with the right to a loving family with adequate nutrition, medical care and education.
- WACAP is proud to be one of the largest international adoption agencies in the United States.
- In 1976, WACAP started international adoptions in Korea. Thailand, India, Russia and China, Vietnam, Bulgaria, Ethiopia and Taiwan were also added to the adoption list.
- International adoptions are more versatile because you can adopt children with different ages or children with moderate to severe medical or developmental conditions.
- WACAP supports Domestic adoption in the United States. These children are living with foster parents or parents who are willing to give up their child at birth.
- Donate to WACAP through their Promise fund. This fund is for children waiting to be adopted who have medical conditions or who are siblings. WACAP creates materials to help struggling parents adopt through grants.
- Sponsor a child in Ethiopia to help them get though school and provide them with home care.
- Volunteer at WACAP to help with special events, family support groups or with outreach and advocacy.